The Monterey County Agricultural & Rural Life Museum provides a free opportunity to immerse your students in Early California history. Our artifact rich exhibits and hands on interactives provide a fun and memorable educational experience. As a bonus, the museum is located in beautiful San Lorenzo County Park in King City, a perfect setting for an after tour picnic lunch.
Your students will benefit from this educational day with hands on immersion into our local history, utilizing many tools to help meet California Common Core State Standards and assist in developing 21st Century Skills.
- Students are able to connect the present with the past, identifying both similarities and differences. (2.1.2)
- Our large topographical map will allow students to discover the geography of the Salinas Valley. (3.1.1, 4.1.4)
- With the Native American Exhibit, students will learn about the local native's use of their natural environment. (3.2.2, 4.2.1)
- Students will take a chronological trip through the development of agriculture in the Salinas Valley. (3.1.2)
- Discover how the development of irrigation changed the landscape of the agricultural industry in the Salinas Valley from Mission times to today. (4.4.6, 4.4.7)
These guided tours are designed for 3rd and 4th graders but can be adapted to accommodate and delight any age group. Call and we will be happy to discuss how we can best meet your needs.
We can accommodate up to 60 students and 6 adults per tour and require no less than 1 chaperone per 10 students. Please allow 2 hours for this tour.
We are now taking reservations for our Fall and Spring school tours. The Fall program begins September 15th and runs through November 15th, and the Spring program begins March 1st and runs through June 15th. These tours fill quickly as there are a limited number of spaces, so reserve your tour today!
Transportation assistance is available to qualifying classes on a first come basis. Please contact Jessica at (831) 385-8020 for application information.
For more information or questions, please call Sharon at (831)386-0965 or email: [email protected]